Paddle sports in the Calanques
Before you leave
Before going into the National Park, plan your visit: find out about the access conditions, check out the route and ensure you are well-equipped (enough water, sun protection, etc.).
- departing from Pointe Rouge in Marseille, return trip to Cap Croisette (half a day) or to the Calanque de Marseilleveyre (a day)
- departing from Cassis, return trip to En-Vau (half a day) or to the Falaises du Devenson (a day)
- departing from Cassis, paddle along the Falaises Soubeyranes
- departing from La Ciotat, in a day, get to the Île Verte and go around it, or paddle along the cliffs of the Bec de l'Aigle and Figuerolles
- Take care not to disembark on the lithophyllum corridors.
- Respect the wildlife: do not disturb it or feed it.
- Keep your distance from cetaceans and do not follow them: if they change speed or direction abruptly, it means that they do not want to be approached.
- Take your waste ashore and recycle it.
- You can paddle all over the National Park, up to six miles off the coast.
- You can disembark freely in the National Park, except on Riou island.
- You must be familiar with and respect the general navigation regulations.
Please note: when the National Park is closed due to fire risk, disembarkation is not allowed.
- Always check the weather conditions.
- Always wear a life-jacket.
- Protect yourself from the sun: hat, sunglasses and sun screen.
- Take at least 1.5 litres of water per ½ day and enough food.
- Tell family and friends if you are going out alone.
- Be careful around motorised vessels.
- Be aware of your limits.
- Sea rescue CROSS MED: VHF channel 16 - Tel.: +33 (0)4 94 61 16 16 or 196 from a mobile phone.
- Habour masters: VHF channel 9
- Vieux-Port Marseille harbour master: +33 (0)4 91 99 75 60
- Frioul harbour master: +33 (0)4 91 99 76 01
- Pointe Rouge harbour master: +33 (0)4 91 99 75 67
- Port-Miou harbour master: +33 (0)4 42 01 96 24
- Cassis harbour master: +33 (0)4 42 32 91 65
- Nouveau port de La Ciotat harbour master: +33 (0)4 42 08 62 90
- Port-vieux de La Ciotat SEMIDEP harbour master: + 33 (0)4 42 83 80 27
- Marine weather forecast: VHF channel 80 or 3250
Interactive map of buoys and regulations at sea
Interactive map of maritime regulations