The body for driving decision-making
The majority of the National Park's Management Board is made up of local stakeholders (60%).
These local stakeholders include elected representatives of the local authorities concerned and persons with local expertise appointed by the Minister for Ecology on the proposal of the departmental prefect.
This decision-making body is vested with the decisive power to enforce the principles laid down in the decree that created the National Park. It must determine the choices that the director must implement (notably the development of certain regulations), and must be able to control its management.
The directors' term of office is six years.
Composition of the Management Board
The members of the Calanques National Park public institution Management Board were appointed by the Ministerial Order of 4 December 2012.
The Management Board is made up of 51 members.
The Chairman of the Management Board
The Calanques National Park's Management Board is headed up by Didier Réault, Vice-President of the Métropole Aix-Marseille-Provence Delegate for the Sea, the Coastline, the Water Cycle and Vice-President of the Bouches-du-Rhône Departmental Council. According to the French Environmental Code, the tasks of the Chairman of the Board are as follows:
- Article L 331-8 5th and 6th paragraphs: (…) The Chairman leads and presides over the work of drawing up, monitoring and evaluating the National Park charter. Together with the Director, he represents the institution in the implementation of the communication, partnership and international relations policy defined by the Management Board.
- Article R 331-29, 1st, 2nd and 3rd paragraphs: (…) The Chairman of the Management Board leads and coordinates the activities of the Management Board and the bureau as well as the work of monitoring, evaluating, modifying and revising the National Park charter. He ensures the implementation of the charter in the partnership zones.
- Article R 331-30: The Chairman of the Management Board is elected for a renewable period of six years.
- Order appointing the Calanques National Park Management Board (format PDF / 700 KB)
- Order amending the order of 4 December 2012 appointing the members of the Management Board (format PDF / 416 KB)
- Order 2015 amending the order of 4 December 2012 appointing the members of the Management Board (format PDF / 244 KB)